Some of Jordan’s more notable litigation results have included:
- Obtaining court approval of a derivative action settlement valued at over $7,500,000.00 for the benefit of over 65 investors;
- Securing a directed verdict for a client sued for fraud relative to a $4,000,000.00 land purchase agreement;
- Representing an elderly woman sued for breach of a $1,000,000.00 construction contract, Jordan obtained a ruling that it was the party suing his client who breached his duties and a corresponding award of damages for his client;
- After successfully obtaining dismissal of all claims against clients sued for the alleged mismanagement of the plaintiff’s $1,300,000.00 investment in a hedge fund, Jordan prepared a winning appellate brief that resulted in the appellate court affirming those dismissals.
When litigating in court is not the right option, Jordan is also particularly adept at assisting clients in alternative dispute resolution through arbitration, mediation, and negotiations.
Some of Jordan’s more notable negotiations and resolutions have included:
- Representing a client who faced breach of contract litigation from a Fortune 500 company and the loss of that company’s business of approximately $100,000.00 per month, Jordan was able to keep the matter out of litigation, resolve the dispute, preserve the business relationship, and negotiate a new contract that protected $1MIL in annual revenues for his client.
- Representing a client facing a suit for seven-figure damages in a business venture, Jordan was able to negotiate a settlement for under 3% of the demanded value, extricate his client from the business relationship, and allow his client to operate a new entity.
- Representing a client sued for over $200,000.00 in losses in a construction contract, Jordan was able to negotiate a settlement without the client having to pay any money out of pocket.
- Arbitrating a commercial property dispute, Jordan was able to secure a finding that his client (who was accused by the plaintiff of violating a commercial lease) was the damaged party. Jordan then obtained an arbitration award against the plaintiff for all losses sustained as well as attorney fees incurred in defending the arbitration.